Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Hate Organized Religion!

How many times have we heard that, especially from lost people? The truth is, they are right! I also hate organized religion, but I love worship and fellowship with God's people. There is a BIG difference.

Religion is all about doing things that will hopefully please God. Religion places more emphasis on tradition than truth. Religion places all the emphasis on man instead of God.

A relationship with Jesus recognizes that we are all "wimpy" and can only please Him by faith (Hebrews 11:6). God's word is the sole authority and outweighs anything else. It also recognizes that Jesus has already accomplished salvation. I don't deserve it, can't earn it and would lose it if it were up to me to keep it. Praise God that we are kept by His power (I Peter 1:3-5).

I am so thankful to be part of a church that emphasizes relationship and not religion. Religion will take people to hell. A relationship with Jesus is our only hope! The world doesn't need religion, they need Jesus and there is a BIG difference. Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment