Friday, May 4, 2012

Day #3

Tonight we heard the third part of "A Study of Faith" by Dr. R.E. Clark from Hebrews 11:17-23. Not only did he preach the Word, but he also shared his personal testimony of losing his wife to ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). It was a remarkable testimony, especially of Miss Kay's incredible faith. I could certainly feel the Lord working, especially in my life.

Bro. R.E. is a dear friend and mentor in my life. 2007 was the darkest year of my life and he was there for me and my family and helped us walk through it. 2008 was the year that he was dealing with his wife's illness and death and I was not there for him. I have asked his forgiveness and told him that it will never happen again! You see, he needed me as a friend and I was distant and didn't know how to handle the situation. I make no excuses and I am grateful for his forgiveness. God really brought all that to my mind once again this evening.

I don't know what you are going through but you can trust God. He is faithful and will not let you down, even when those who are close to you do. That doesn't mean that you will have all your questions answered, but it does mean that you can trust the One who hung the moon and the stars and spoke this world into existence! Praise the Lord that He is God and I am not!

No comments:

Post a Comment