Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Testimony

I was not raised in a Christian home. My parents were divorced when I was too young to remember. My mom moved us to Florida (from Virginia) when I was about 7. Our family background was Catholic but that was just a title. I remember one time when I was 12 years old I went to a Catholic church with a friend. Someone asked me if I was a Christian in the parking lot. I asked what that meant and they said, "Do you believe in God?" Of course I believed in God. Their response was, "Then you're a Christian."

I moved to Northwest Arkansas as soon as I graduated high school. I started working for Wal-Mart and the guy who was training me began to share Jesus with me. I realized for the first time that Christ died for my sins. I had always believed in God but I never believed on God. I believed facts but I didn't have faith. 

On September 6, 1995, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. My life began to change and I now had meaning and purpose in my life! Tomorrow I will write about my call to preach.

No comments:

Post a Comment